Judy Reeve lives and gardens in Hanover, NH, with her husband, Ken Baker, and Lily, their English springer spaniel. They have four grown children and a growing gaggle of grandkids. A graduate of Mount Holyoke College in Art History, she has been a travel agent and agency manager and has taught elementary and secondary school and landscape design classes. Being an avid gardener and art history fan led her to study landscape design and history.
In 1996, she earned the Graduate Certificate in Landscape Design from the Radcliffe Seminars Landscape Design Program in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Caring for ill friends and family members inspired her belief in the therapeutic benefits of caring for and being in touch with nature, gardens, butterflies, birds and plants. Her independent project and thesis is entitled: "Therapeutic Landscape Design: Guidelines for Healthcare Facilities".
She is a Certified New Hampshire Landscape Professional earned from the New Hampshire Landscape Association.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS include:
• Association of Professional Landscape Designers
• New Hampshire Landscape Association
• New England Landscape Design and History Association
• New England Wildflower Society
• Ecological Landscape Association
• Healthcare & Therapeutic Design Professional Practice Network, ASLA
• American Horticultural Therapy Association
• Granite State Society of Landscape Architects
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES include:
• Conservation Commission, Town of Hanover, NH
• New England Flower Show, Design Judge, Massachusetts Horticulture Society